A HUB FOR IDEAS, DEBATE AND RESOURCES ON HOW THE WORLD IS DOING ON INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT GOALS
About the Development Progress core team
The Development Progress project is led by Susan Nicolai. Senior Advisers to the project include Andrew Rogerson and Kate Bird. The core team is comprised of Jakob Engel and Amanda Lenhardt (research), Katy Harris and Chris Little (communications) and Maria Bernardez (finance and operations). Internal guidance and quality assurance is provided by Kevin Watkins (ODI Director) and Andrew Norton (ODI Director of Research).
Core research components are directed as follows:
- Measuring Progress: Emma Samman
- Explaining Progress: Susan Nicolai
- Financing Progress: Jonathan Glennie
- Valuing Progress: Claire Melamed
- Common Agriculture Policy and Aid for Trade: Dirk Willem te Velde
Research on dimensions of well-being is led by:
- Health: Fiona Samuels
- Education: Susan Nicolai
- Environment: Andrew Scott
- Political Voice: Alina Rocha Menocal
- Social Cohesion: Pilar Domingo
- Employment: Pedro Martins
- Material Well-being: Emma Samman
- Security: tbd
An external review panel is engaged with the project. Panel members include:
- Paul Engel - Director of European Centre for Development Policy Management
- Alison Evans – Former Director of ODI
- Merilee Grindle - Professor of International Development and Director of the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard University
- Paul Isenman - Senior Independent Consultant
- Homi Kharas - Senior Fellow and Deputy Director for the Global Economy and Development program at Brookings
- Dirk Messner - Director of DIE (German Development institute)
- Renosi Mokate – Executive Director at the World bank
- Sarah Ssewanyana - Executive Director of Economic Policy and Research Centre, Uganda
- Euston Quah - Head of the Economics Division and former Chair of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Richard Youngs - Director General of FRIDE
The project is financed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
ODI is Britain's leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues. Our mission is to inspire and inform policy and practice which lead to the reduction of poverty, the alleviation of suffering and the achievement of sustainable livelihoods in developing countries.
Please visit us at www.odi.org.uk