The Development Progress project is led by Susan Nicolai. Senior Advisers to the project include Andrew Rogerson and Kate Bird. The core team is comprised of Abigail Hunt, Steven Lally and Arran Magee (research), Katy Harris, Chris Little, Ben Tritton and Hannah Messenger (communications) with Suzi Nandera (finance and operations). Internal guidance and quality assurance is provided by Claire Melamed (ODI GPIP Director) and Kevin Watkins (ODI Director).
Research on dimensions of well-being is led by:
- Health: Fiona Samuels
- Education: Susan Nicolai
- Environment: Andrew Scott
- Political Voice: Alina Rocha Menocal
- Social Cohesion: Pilar Domingo
- Employment: Bruce Byiers (ECDPM)
- Material Well-being: Emma Samman
- Security: Lisa Denney
An external review panel is engaged with the project. Panel members include:
- Paul Engel - Director of European Centre for Development Policy Management
- Alison Evans – Former Director of ODI
- Merilee Grindle - Professor of International Development and Director of the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard University
- Paul Isenman - Senior Independent Consultant
- Homi Kharas - Senior Fellow and Deputy Director for the Global Economy and Development program at Brookings
- Dirk Messner - Director of DIE (German Development institute)
- Renosi Mokate – Executive Director at the World bank
- Sarah Ssewanyana - Executive Director of Economic Policy and Research Centre, Uganda
- Euston Quah - Head of the Economics Division and former Chair of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Richard Youngs - Director General of FRIDE
The project is financed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.